TOPIC: FOOTBALL IN THE COMMUNITY OFFICER - GILLINGHAM FC
FOOTBALL IN THE COMMUNITY OFFICER - GILLINGHAM FC
1 year, 3 months ago #54
Gillingham Football Club operates a Community Sports & Education Trust and is looking to recruit a Football in the Community Officer to continue to develop and deliver a wide range of footballing initiatives locally and throughout the County.
Working closely with the Commercial and Youth development departments, this person will be responsible for the delivery of our own in-school education project and organise after school activities and courses for youngsters during holiday periods.
They will be responsible for an already vibrant and successful disability program and a flourishing Girls Centre of Excellence and will be set targets to further expand the scheme across all areas of the county over time.
You will report to a board of trustees regularly and be supported via various support mechanisms within the Football League Trust.
The ideal candidate will:
* Possess a coaching qualification in football (ideally UEFA B Level 3)
* Be highly motivated and driven
* Have a current CRB check (or be prepared to have one undertaken)
* Have good knowledge of football-related community issues
* Be prepared to work as part of a team
Preferably the candidate will:
* Be educated to degree level
* Have had experience teaching in schools either as a teacher or support / voluntary basis
* Experience in working players with disabilities
* Have a good knowledge or background in sports development